[Standards] Flash binding for Jingle

Daniel Noll daniel at noll.id.au
Thu Feb 1 04:09:47 UTC 2007

>> If the XSF publishes specs for interacting with Flash, then
>> the next step would be publishing specs for interacting with
>> all the proprietary video protocols for the other IM systems.
>>  Should we really need to bother?
>
> Again, I think you might be talking about something totally different.
> :)

Flash XMPP and Jingle workarounds both fit into this pattern:

Client -> Proprietary crap -> Gateway -> Standard stuff   -> Network

Legacy transports fit into this pattern:

Client -> Standard stuff   -> Gateway -> Proprietary crap -> Network

Two things switch places, but I wouldn't call that "totally" different.

Daniel