[Standards] Loopback Authentication

Matthias Wimmer m at tthias.eu
Thu Feb 1 16:48:31 UTC 2007

Hi Ralph!

Ralph Meijer schrieb:
> On the other hand, we could extend this XEP
> to mention other avenues of identity verification as the SASL part is
> mostly the same. I'd hate to see different uses of the authorization
> identity, for example.

I think if we start adding a list of other ways a connection could be
authenticated externally, readers could assume, that they are the only
allowed usecases of EXTERNAL.

(BTW: I do not understand what you mean with "I'd hate to see different
uses of the authorization identity". What do you mean with these
different uses? If present an authorization identity is always a JID,
that's how I read RFC 4422, 3.4.1, 3rd paragraph.)

Matthias

--
Matthias Wimmer      Fon +49-700 77 00 77 70
Züricher Str. 243    Fax +49-89 95 89 91 56