[Standards] Re: XEP-178

Matthias Wimmer m at tthias.eu
Thu Feb 1 18:29:29 UTC 2007

Hi Peter!

Peter Saint-Andre schrieb:
> We would not forbid it for servers, but we would not require it either.
> Or at least we would say that you should check the dnsName first. This
> would modify the text in rfc3920bis.

I'll have to check what we currently have in the XEP. The way I
implemented it is: check if there is a matching id-on-xmppAddr or
dNSName (doesn't matter in which order this is done). If there was a
match => accept. If there was no match, but on of these two extensions
was present => decline. Else => check CN.

Matthias

--
Matthias Wimmer      Fon +49-700 77 00 77 70
Züricher Str. 243    Fax +49-89 95 89 91 56