[Standards] Domain & JID Aliasing

Tim Brennan tim at zimbra.com
Thu Feb 1 21:23:48 UTC 2007

right -- redirection would be far far far better.  But it will require new client support and therefore we're talking years before I can count on this working in the world.  I'd much prefer a solution that worked now.

Unless there's some way a redirect solution could be made to work somehow with existing clients (e.g. if the redirect was wrapped in a <message> in such a way that we expect most clients to display the error message to the end user telling them to use the different address).  Maybe existing clients do the right thing with <gone>, but I doubt it.

--tim