[Standards] XEP45 possible addition

Mickaël Rémond mickael.remond at process-one.net
Sun Feb 4 16:37:05 UTC 2007

Hello,

One thing we are missing in XEP-0045 is the ability to get a list of
"system" rooms.
This list of room would be related to the server and point the user
to some official room to get info and support.

I think we could use the disco query in section 6.2:
http://www.xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0045.html#disco-rooms

Adding a parameter tag such as <support/> or <official/> would be
enough.

Another approach would be to make the mechanism generic. With a
generic approach it can be possible to type the rooms (group).
The disco query would allow to select which type of room you are
looking for.

What do you think ?

--
Mickaël Rémond