[Standards] Simple Jingle example(s) and spec(s) wanted

Matthias Wimmer m at tthias.eu
Mon Feb 5 23:27:39 UTC 2007

Hi Matt!

Matt Tucker schrieb:
> Teredo looks similar to ICE:
>  1) Determine NAT devices using STUN.
>  2) Try to tunnel automatically.
>  3) If that fails, use a proxy.

I think an important difference is, that Teredo is handled by the
operating system. The client does not have to care about it, it just
opens a socket and uses this socket do transfer data.
> I dislike having so many possible paths -- simple TCP proxy (XEP-0065),
> simple UDP proxy (discussed above), plus ICE. However, it seems like the
> best option at the moment?

That's why I said, that Teredo is nearly transparent for the client
(i.e. for the implementation) and that we can already use it with the
current protocols (i.e. completely transparent for the standards).

Matthias