[Standards] Simple Jingle example(s) and spec(s) wanted

Remko Tronçon remko at el-tramo.be
Tue Feb 6 09:47:43 UTC 2007

> But your average end-user isn't going
> to care about that: they're just going to see that Client A cannot
> send files to Client B, and vice versa, and will go back to AIM or MSN.

My point exactly! Even though all clients implement the same protocol
today, it never works if someone on my list tries to send something to
me, and only sometimes in the other direction. I have a better success
rate because I have a bytestreams proxy, and so people using Psi to
send files to *me* get a better success rate as well (because of the
role reversal). Otherwise, none of the people i know use XMPP to send
files, because it never works.

> (Yes, I know Jabber's main adoption is in the corporate world

Probably because of things like file transfers that never work ;-)
It's time we started focusing on getting it adopted by end-users. I'm
starting to get more and more non-geek Jabber contacts because of the
Talk service (and its integration with gmail), and they in turn have
other people on their list except me, etc. so let's keep this movement
going, and get things like file transfer working properly.

cheers,
Remko