[Standards] Any protocol to request encrypted connections?

Richard Dobson richard at dobson-i.net
Tue Feb 6 16:19:22 UTC 2007

> why not jingle and use p2p udp with encryption of text?  but to be
> honest sharing gpg keys between endpoints works well for me
I have a feeling that wont work for what Matthias wants, I believe he
wants a method of ensuring the messages are delivered over encrypted
connections along the way but keeping the ability of servers to be able
to log those messages for compliance reasons, so any form of e2e where
the servers cannot decode the content is pretty much out in this situation.

Richard