[Standards] SASL Plain - AuthID - Bare JID or User Name?

Chris Mullins chris.mullins at coversant.net
Tue Feb 6 19:02:57 UTC 2007

We just ran into a problem doing Authentication with WildFire using the
Open Source SoapBox Framework and SASL Plain.

The SoapBox Framework is using a bare JID ("user at server") as the authid
that's passed across the link. The Jive server is expecting only a user
name ("user").

The RFC doesn't really say either way, and I figure this is a good
chance to get it clarified.

(The SoapBox Framework now can do both, but I would sure prefer just one
or the other)

--

Chris Mullins