[Standards] Re: Simple Jingle example(s) and spec(s) wanted

Remko Tronçon remko at el-tramo.be
Wed Feb 7 13:22:32 UTC 2007

> What we need here is a library which could be used like a black box from
> all programming languages. As Peter said the XSF has some money and is
> willing to sponser such projects.

Well, for C++ projects, there will be libjingle (if all goes as
promised), which is pretty modular and has no dependencies (except for
expat, but you can avoid this as well by plugging in your own parser).
There has also been work on a Java Jingle framework IIRC. The black
boxes won't be a problem i think.

Personally, I'm more interested in implementing it myself :-) But I
need to understand it first, and I need to be able to do it step by
step, which is why i started this thread. I think that, with proper
documentation and a way to bootstrap signaling code, Jingle should be
'easy to implement'.

cheers,
Remko