[Standards] Proposed XMPP Extension: Jingle File Transfer Description Format

Matthias Wimmer m at tthias.eu
Wed Feb 7 17:37:13 UTC 2007

Hi Scott!

Scott Ludwig schrieb:
> HTTP is actually quite flexible. There are many applications on the
> web that are based on HTTP, people are familiar with the programming
> model, and you can extrapolate other applications that can be built
> with it.

Thank you for your opinion to support using HTTP as an encapsulation for
file transfers.

I have been advocating for using HTTP to do file transfers for a long
time, even when XEP-0096 has been written.

I am also very much for using an HTTP layer inside Jingle file
transfers, as we get many features and extensions that are defined for
HTTP for free without the need to create new protocols for that again.

Matthias

--
Matthias Wimmer      Fon +49-700 77 00 77 70
Züricher Str. 243    Fax +49-89 95 89 91 56