[Standards] XEP-0073: Question about service discovery

Rachel Blackman rcb at ceruleanstudios.com
Wed Feb 7 18:29:01 UTC 2007

> Perhaps even more appropriate would be in the caps field of
> presence, optional 'uiversion' and 'platform' tags.

As an addendum, the reason I suggested this as one option is that it
allows push of the data.  The other method, of course, is to define a
way to return this info via disco, and then the win32 one could
include a 'win32' ext, or the Flash-based web one could include 'web'
as an ext... but that doesn't allow for a display version (4.0.0.30)
as opposed to, say, a definition version (0.4) or whatever.

I'm not married to either option, as both allow proper caching of the
OS info (which is the more immediately useful bit of information IF a
client chooses to export that info).