[Standards] Re: Simple Jingle example(s) and spec(s) wanted

Sean Egan seanegan at gmail.com
Wed Feb 7 20:21:02 UTC 2007

On 2/7/07, Robin Redeker <elmex at x-paste.de> wrote:
> Interesting, then I've been missing this, at least in the documentation.

There's new documentation available at
http://code.google.com/apis/talk/libjingle/index.html

> Did you need any extra threads for this?

Giving libjingle it's own thread is the easiest way to do it, and
should work without complications.

If you want to keep it single-threaded and have it integrate into your
own event loop, subclass "SocketServer.' The libjingle example apps
use "PhysicalSocketServer," wihch implements its own main loop using
select(), but also includes a win32SocketServer, which integrates with
the Windows event loop.

I've written a socket server that integrates with the GTK+ (or rather
Glib) main loop, for my work on the Gaim client. I can share it with
anyone who's interested.

-s.