[Standards] XEP-0073: Question about service discovery

Remko Tronçon remko at el-tramo.be
Wed Feb 7 20:53:27 UTC 2007

> In fact I don't see any example or definition what the second request
> should return as result. I can only _guess_ that it should be the same
> result as the first query (the one without an node attribute).

I  would say you guess wrong (as i explained earlier):
- Plain disco#info (without a node) is asking: "Hey, what can you do?"
- Disco#info with a node of http://myclient.com/caps#0.11 is asking
"Hey, what can a standard 0.11 version of MyClient" do. This is a
subset of the previous question, which includes all the capabilities
of the extensions as well.

cheers,
Remko