[Standards] Re: XEP-0073: Question about service discovery

Kevin Smith kevin at kismith.co.uk
Thu Feb 8 14:44:21 UTC 2007

On 8 Feb 2007, at 14:21, Alexander Gnauck wrote:
> Peter Saint-Andre wrote:
>> I can't remember, iq:version goes back to before I joined the
>> project. :)
>> If people really want OS information, I'd rather add it as an
>> optional attribute in entity capabilities than keep doing
>> iq:version floods.
> +1

I'm not even sure it needs to go this far - the way we currently
treat it is that caps info is shown for contacts by default, and they
can get more information by an iq:version manually if they want.

Adding a caps for OS seems to be somewhat overkill for such a simple
problem, to me.

/K

--
Kevin Smith