[Standards] Re: SASL Plain - AuthID - Bare JID or User Name?

Gaston Dombiak gaston at jivesoftware.com
Thu Feb 8 18:43:33 UTC 2007

Hey Chris,

I'm now modifying Wildfire to handle usernames or bare JIDs. However, I do
have a question. Should the server validate that the domain of the bare JID
matches the domain of the XMPP server? Or is the JID's domain unrelated to
the XMPP domain and is treated as another REALM related to something else?

Thanks,

  -- Gato