[Standards] Re: (PEP) Re: XEP-0073: Question about service discovery

Magnus Henoch mange at freemail.hu
Thu Feb 8 19:14:31 UTC 2007

Andreas Monitzer <jig at monitzer.com> writes:

> The problem is that there's not a single implementation of PEP in any
> server

You can help ☺

I started hacking PEP support for ejabberd; see <URL:http://www.dtek.
chalmers.se/~henoch/text/ejabberd-pep.html>.  The status is that most
of the protocol is implemented, but the implementation needs more
testing (there are probably bugs, and misinterpretations of the
specifications), and some sanity auditing.  As PEP implies server
support for Entity Capabilities, the server needs to perform some
not-so-cheap queries on every incoming presence packet, and I haven't
yet dared to test my code on a real server, with more than three
users.

So test my code and report bugs; it's for the World Domination.

--
Magnus
JID: legoscia at jabber.cd.chalmers.se