[Standards] Re: XEP-0073: Question about service discovery

Robin Redeker elmex at x-paste.de
Thu Feb 8 21:09:04 UTC 2007

On Thu, Feb 08, 2007 at 11:24:11AM -0700, Peter Saint-Andre wrote:
> Robin Redeker wrote:
> >I guess it is not neccessary. I'm just concerned about the unnecessary
> >traffic that current clients produce.
>
> Bug reports are your friend. :-)

Against whom? The client authors? That would be quite a lot of work
for few gain. The authors aren't even doing anything wrong.
Nothin in the XEPs forbids or even discourages the current usage :-)

I would just change the spec and give the client developers time to
adapt. But I'm aware that the expectation that all developers will happily
change their code and crawl through all these XEPs again is a bit
unrealistic.

But until now those developers don't even have any idea that they
might do something that is discouraged (propably because it was/is
the only way to do things).

Robin