[Standards] Re: SASL Plain - AuthID - Bare JID or User Name?

Matthias Wimmer m at tthias.eu
Thu Feb 8 22:25:55 UTC 2007

Hi Gaston!

Gaston Dombiak schrieb:
> I'm now modifying Wildfire to handle usernames or bare JIDs. However, I
> do have a question. Should the server validate that the domain of the
> bare JID matches the domain of the XMPP server? Or is the JID's domain
> unrelated to the XMPP domain and is treated as another REALM related to
> something else?

If a @ sign is present in the authentication id, I would treat it as an
overwrite of the default realm. So you would have to check the
authentication-username in a different realm.

That's also how Cyrus SASL handles at signed in the authentication id of
PLAIN.

Matthias

--
Matthias Wimmer      Fon +49-700 77 00 77 70
Züricher Str. 243    Fax +49-89 95 89 91 56