[Standards] Threaded chats

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at jabber.org
Fri Feb 9 18:29:41 UTC 2007

Jay Carlson wrote:
> On Fri, 2007-02-09 at 13:58 +0000, Ian Paterson wrote:
>
>> The background of the user's text input field has the colour of the
>> thread they are currently replying to. They can change the colour (and
>> the thread) of the input field at any time simply by (double?) clicking
>> on one of the messages in the discussion (or selecting from a context menu).
>
> It sounds like we have evidence that threading does work as long as it's
> one level deep: colors, Zephyr topics, and (sorta) directed speech.

And I don't see why we can't use <thread/> and <subject/> for that --
<thread/> is the machine-friendly tracking mechanism (client associates
each thread with a different color or tree or sub-window or whatever)
and <subject/> is the human-readable text (client shows for mouseovers
or whatever).

/psa