[Standards] Privacy list: advertised status

Mickaël Rémond mickael.remond at process-one.net
Tue Feb 13 15:50:59 UTC 2007

Hello,

It seems to me that privacy lists are missing one very usefull case.
You can completly block presence in/out.
What seems important however, is to be able to define what the
presence-out should be (and not only to block it).

We would really like to be able to define that in a given privacy
list, the presence is not blocked but set to:
<show>dnd</show>
<status>I am currently in a meeting</status>

It might be possible by adding subtags to the presence-out tag (show
and status), even if with this modification the semantic of the
action (allow|deny) might seem a bit strange, as deny would
"transform" the presence-out packet.

Any thoughts ?

--
Mickaël Rémond