[Standards] Privacy list: advertised status

Matthias Wimmer m at tthias.eu
Tue Feb 13 16:53:36 UTC 2007

Hi Remko!

Remko Tronçon schrieb:
> I don't really get it. Why don't you just send a DND presence out ?
> What benefit would there be in a server transforming your presence
> packets (over, say, sending out DND and then blocking all presence
> out, although i don't see the use there either) ? Can you maybe give a
> concrete use case?

I guess he does not want to transform his presence for all users, but
just for a group of users. So he wants something to have different
groups of contacts, that get different presence.

And while I understand that this might be something useful, I don't
think, that this should be handled by privacy lists. (You don't want to
change your privacy list every time you want to change your presence to
one of your contact groups, will you?)
Maybe we need something new inbetween the general presence and sending
out individual presences to contacts.

Matthias

--
Matthias Wimmer      Fon +49-700 77 00 77 70
Züricher Str. 243    Fax +49-89 95 89 91 56