[Standards] Privacy list: advertised status

Mridul mridul at sun.com
Tue Feb 13 17:17:25 UTC 2007

Hi,

  Interesting though - presence-out as it stands today always
corresponds to unavailable, this would a nice way to customize presence
to different groups ...
So just like how we have invisibility profile, we could have custom
profiles showing different presence states to different subset of users.
Alternative to modifying privacy list is to do this completely at the
client : selectively send out a burst of presence packets, but privacy
might be a better place for this.

Regards,
Mridul