[Standards] Privacy list: advertised status

Lukáš 'Spike' Polívka lukas.polivka at gmail.com
Tue Feb 13 18:43:43 UTC 2007

On 2/13/07, Remko Tronçon <remko at el-tramo.be> wrote:
> > What seems important however, is to be able to define what the presence-out
> > should be (and not only to block it).
>
> I don't really get it. Why don't you just send a DND presence out ?
> What benefit would there be in a server transforming your presence
> packets (over, say, sending out DND and then blocking all presence
> out, although i don't see the use there either) ? Can you maybe give a
> concrete use case?
>
> cheers,
> Remko

Hi!

I think it would be useful if there was something like "presence lists".

Imagine the following use case:
I want my client at work to fire up my "@work" presence list which
effectively sends DND presence to everybody, except my work
colleagues, which get Available.
Or just send DND as normal presence and the list overrides it for my colleagues.

I'm not sure if we can come up with other use cases to justify these
"presence lists". Of course, it could be handled completely
client-side, just use PEP if you want to store the lists on your
server.

Regards

Lukáš/Spike

IM (XMPP/Jabber/Google Talk): spike411 at jabber.cz