[Standards] Privacy list: advertised status

Mickaël Rémond mickael.remond at process-one.net
Tue Feb 13 20:24:02 UTC 2007

Hello,

Le 13 févr. 07 à 17:01, Remko Tronçon a écrit :

>> What seems important however, is to be able to define what the
>> presence-out
>> should be (and not only to block it).
>
> I don't really get it. Why don't you just send a DND presence out ?
> What benefit would there be in a server transforming your presence
> packets (over, say, sending out DND and then blocking all presence
> out, although i don't see the use there either) ? Can you maybe give a
> concrete use case?

Concrete use case is for example if you want to be available to your
closest coworker (that see your real status). You want to advertise
your familly member that you are working on a given topic and that
they should not disturb you (but they can if they really need to).
Other people see you offline.

You can reverse the situation. You are in vacation and connected. You
are invisible for most of your coworker, online but with a status
stating that you are on vacation and should not be disturbed and free
for chat for other users.

--
Mickaël Rémond
  http://www.process-one.net/