[Standards] [Fwd: [Council] meeting minutes, 2007-02-14]

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at jabber.org
Wed Feb 14 20:25:13 UTC 2007


FYI.


-------- Original Message --------
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2007 13:21:21 -0700
From: Peter Saint-Andre <stpeter at jabber.org>
To: council at xmpp.org
Subject: [Council] meeting minutes, 2007-02-14

Results of the XMPP Council meeting held 2007-02-14...

Agenda:

http://www.jabber.org/council/meetings/agendas/2007-02-14.html

Log:

http://www.jabber.org/muc-logs/council@conference.jabber.org/2007-02-14.html

0. Roll Call

Chris Mullins sent his regrets and will post to the list regarding the
items under consideration. All other Council members (Ralph Meijer, Ian
Paterson, Peter Saint-Andre, Kevin Smith) in attendance. Quorum achieved.

1. XEP-0185: Dialback Key Generation and Validation

All Council members are now +1, but is version 0.4 acceptable? (Earlier
votes were on version 0.3.)

Council discussed security considerations. Agreement to advance 0.4 to
Active and call out the recommended algorithm for IETF review of rfc3920bis.

2. XEP-0178: Best Practices for Use of SASL EXTERNAL

Advance version 0.7 to Active?

All Council members in attendance voted +1. Chris to vote on the list.

3. XEP-0073: Basic IM Protocol Suite

Approve version 1.1?

Discussed implications for compliance testing and certification.
Consensus to discuss that topic further at upcoming FOSDEM / devcon
meeting in Brussels. Peter noted that the protocol suites are merely
guidelines for developers to set priorities on their projects, not
formal compliance specifications. Ian raised the question of updating
XEP-0077 (In-Band Registration) before proceeding with updates to
XEP-0073, but consensus that any changes to XEP-0077 are separate from
consideration of XEP-0073. All Council members in attendance voted +1 on
XEP-0073 version 1.1. Chris to vote on the list. Council will hold
discussion in Brussels to address broader topic of certification.

4. XEP-0030: Service Discovery

Approve version 2.3?

All Council members in attendance voted +1. Chris to vote on the list.

5. XEP-0092: Software Version

Approve version 1.1 as Standards Track + Draft?

Discussed use of iq:version in cases where entity capabilities does not
provide the desired information. Real-time wordsmithing resulted in
addition of the following sentence: "The jabber:iq:version protocol MAY
also be used to determine information available only via
jabber:iq:version (e.g., operating system information) for contacts from
which a user receives presence, but only if the user specifically
requests such information for a particular contact." All Council members
in attendance voted +1 with the wording change. Chris to vote on the list.

6. XEP-0115: Entity Capabilities

Approve version 1.2?

All Council members in attendance voted +1. Chris to vote on the list.

7. XEP-0012: Last Activity

Approve version 1.2?

All Council members in attendance voted +1. Chris to vote on the list.

8. XEP-0016: Privacy Lists

Approve version 1.6?

All Council members in attendance voted +1. Chris to vote on the list.

9. XEP-0191: Simple Communication Blocking

Approve version 1.1?

All Council members in attendance voted +1. Chris to vote on the list.
Council to further discuss privacy lists / block lists in Brussels.

10. XEP-0124: HTTP Binding

Ian has clarified a number of matters in XEP-0124 and has split the
XMPP-specific material into a dedicated specification, which we will
publish as a new XEP. This is in preparation for potentially submitting
XEP-0124 to the IETF as an Internet-Draft. Council did not have time to
review the modifications before the meeting, but will do so before
Brussels (preferably resulting in publication of XEP-0124 v 1.6 and of
new XEP before Ian's talk at FOSDEM). Ian to provide semi-final version
of XEP-0124 shortly, Peter to render to HTML. Council to discuss
desirability of submission to the IETF in Brussels.

11. ProtoXEP: File Repository and Sharing

No discussion. To be on agenda for Brussels.

12. ProtoXEP: Jingle RTMP Transport

Discussed desirability and advisability of publishing as an official
extension through the XSF given that RTMP is a proprietary protocol. No
consensus. Further discussion to occur in Brussels.

13. - 14. Jingle ProtoXEPs.

To discuss in Brussels, including Jingle HTTP File Transfer ProtoXEP
left off agenda in error.

15. Next meeting to be held IRL in Brussels at XMPP devcon on Monday,
February 26. All Council members but Chris will be in attendance. Peter
to post minutes of IRL meeting and Chris to weigh in on the list afterward.

/psa

-- 
Peter Saint-Andre
XMPP Standards Foundation
http://www.xmpp.org/xsf/people/stpeter.shtml

-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: smime.p7s
Type: application/x-pkcs7-signature
Size: 7358 bytes
Desc: S/MIME Cryptographic Signature
URL: <http://mail.jabber.org/pipermail/standards/attachments/20070214/5843ba4b/attachment.bin>


More information about the Standards mailing list