[Standards] XEP-0133: Service Administration inconsinstency with XEP-0004

Fabio Forno fabio.forno at polito.it
Thu Feb 22 21:20:19 UTC 2007

Hi, I'm testing ad hoc commands implementations in several clients and
servers and I've found, I think, few issues in XEP-0133. For example in
Get List of Active Users" example the result is as it follows:
<x xmlns='jabber:x:data' type='result'>
       <field type='hidden' var='FORM_TYPE'>
         <value>http://jabber.org/protocol/admin</value>
       </field>
       <field label='The list of active users'
              var='activeuserjids'>
         <value>bard at shakespeare.lit</value>
         <value>crone1 at shakespeare.lit</value>
         <value>hag66 at shakespeare.lit</value>
         <value>hecate at shakespeare.lit</value>
         <value>wiccarocks at shakespeare.lit</value>
       </field>
     </x>

The implied field type is "text-single", however XEP-0004 (3.2) defines
in this way the <value/> element:

<value/> -- The XML character data of this element defines the default
value for the field (according to the form-processing entity), the data
provided by a form-submitting entity, or a data result. In data forms of
type "form", if the form-processing entity provides a default value via
the <value/> element, then the form-submitting entity SHOULD NOT attempt
to enforce a different default value (although it MAY do so to respect
user preferences or anticipate expected user input). Fields of type
list-multi, jid-multi, text-multi, and hidden MAY contain more than one
<value/> element; all other field types MUST NOT contain more than one
<value/> element.

Therefore Only one <value/> field is allowed for each field, and the
correct report should contain as many <item/> elements as the returned
users.

bye, ff