[Standards] XEP-0133: Service Administration inconsinstency with XEP-0004

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at jabber.org
Fri Feb 23 10:29:29 UTC 2007

Fabio Forno wrote:
> Hi, I'm testing ad hoc commands implementations in several clients and
> servers and I've found, I think, few issues in XEP-0133. For example in
> Get List of Active Users" example the result is as it follows:
> <x xmlns='jabber:x:data' type='result'>
>       <field type='hidden' var='FORM_TYPE'>
>         <value>http://jabber.org/protocol/admin</value>
>       </field>
>       <field label='The list of active users'
>              var='activeuserjids'>
>         <value>bard at shakespeare.lit</value>
>         <value>crone1 at shakespeare.lit</value>
>         <value>hag66 at shakespeare.lit</value>
>         <value>hecate at shakespeare.lit</value>
>         <value>wiccarocks at shakespeare.lit</value>
>       </field>
>     </x>
>

> The implied field type is "text-single",

Typically the examples show an explicit field type only for forms of
type "form" (since that's when the submitting entity needs to know what
the field type is). Perhaps the spec author has been lazy. In those
examples, the fields are of type 'text-multi' so perhaps we need to make
that explicit.

> Therefore Only one <value/> field is allowed for each field, and the
> correct report should contain as many <item/> elements as the returned
> users.

The <reported/> and <item/> elements are for large result sets, such as
you'd receive from a search query.

XMPP Standards Foundation