[Standards] Community/MUCol proto-XEPs

Jean-Louis Seguineau jean-louis.seguineau at laposte.net
Fri Feb 23 21:44:23 UTC 2007

I like the community approach as well, and I would also prefer something
working along the lines of the current rosters. As Peter mentioned rosters
are rather "dumb", and if I understand well he propose to hold the
community's JID in the roster, not the actual community members' JID. I was
wondering if the community server could not just push the user's community
roster to the client upon receiving the user initial presence (doing an IQ
set) instead of the user retrieving the roster (doing an IQ get).
Alternatively, we could imagine that the community server overload its own
initial presence to the user with an XEP-115 capability extension to tell
the user's client to fetch the community roster.

My two cents

Jean-Louis