[Standards] Legacy SRV records with service _jabber._tcp.hostname

Jacek Konieczny jajcus at jajcus.net
Tue Feb 27 14:11:41 UTC 2007

On Sun, Feb 25, 2007 at 03:53:18PM -0800, Justin Karneges wrote:
> On Sunday 25 February 2007 3:46 pm, Matthias Wimmer wrote:
> > andbit.net
>
> This domain is hosted by Dreamhost, which I believe uses some jabberd 1.x
> software. Convincing them to upgrade might fix a lot of the domains, since I
> believe Dreamhost is fairly popular for XMPP.

I have tried to convince them (via one of their customer) about that,
describing the problem in detail (including the needed configuration
changes).  They said current configuration is how it came as the default
with the Debian packages and the do not want to change that unless that
is changed in the upstream packages. Of course, it have been fixed in
Debian a long time ago. Two DreamHost hosted server are the only reason
I have re-added _jabber._tcp record to my domain.

I guess a few more of their customers should complain and it will be
fixed.

Greets,
        Jacek