[Standards] Legacy SRV records with service _jabber._tcp.hostname

Matthias Wimmer m at tthias.eu
Tue Feb 27 15:41:29 UTC 2007

Remko Tronçon schrieb:
>> List of servers, that seem to to _jabber but not _xmpp-server SRV
>> resolving (servers with faulty configuration):
>
> For those that are registered at xmpp.net, can we send them a friendly
> e-mail, or is that against the XMPP.net rules?

I am preparing for sending the hosts I found a Jabber message. Just want
to prepare some configuration advice first, that I will link in my message.

Maybe I will also reconfigure amessage to not accept connections on port
5269 at a later time. This will cause servers still having the wrong
configuration to fail connecting to amessage.

The really bad part is, that jabberd 1.4.3 did already contain
_xmpp-server it its default configuration, but many of the hosts doing
wrong DNS resolving are using jabberd 1.4.3. It seems that these hosts
are using a configuration file, that has been written for an older
version of the server software.

Matthias

--
Matthias Wimmer      Fon +49-700 77 00 77 70
Züricher Str. 243    Fax +49-89 95 89 91 56