[Standards-JIG] DEFERRED: XEP-0171 (Language Translation)

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at jabber.org
Thu Jan 4 17:06:07 UTC 2007

It's the same reason Internet-Drafts expire after 6 months in the IETF's
standards process. The rationale is that we like to encourage forward
progress and discourage stale specs, just as the IETF does. I defer my
own specs all the time (XEP-0084 will be the next one) and there's no
shame in it (people get busy etc.). Thankfully it's easy to make your
spec Experimental again, just update it to incorporate the feedback that
folks have provided on this list. Or if you think it's ready to advance
to Draft without incorporating those comments, let me know and I'll ask
the Council to issue a Last Call instead. Our process is explained in
XEP-0001 so I don't think there's any mystery about this stuff.

Peter