[Standards-JIG] PROPOSAL for Live Chat

Ralph Meijer jabber.org at ralphm.ik.nu
Fri Jan 5 10:43:32 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-01-04 at 20:44 -0700, Peter Saint-Andre wrote:
> Naturally we'd need a <del/> element in case someone hits backspace.
> What to do if the sender mouses around and interpolates some text? Do we
> indicate the position of the cursor? Etc.

The venerable talk(1) doesn't allow for mouse actions, you can only add
characters, or remove a character, word or line respectively (also sent
as special characters). It doesn't do multibyte stuff.

I'd also allow for sending more than one action (key press, delete) at a
time, and having an ordering.

Another way is sending the complete message every time, but I think
that's a bit too verbose.

--
Groetjes,

ralphm