[Standards-JIG] Proposed XMPP Extension: Collaborative Data Objects

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at jabber.org
Fri Jan 5 17:05:58 UTC 2007

Dave Cridland wrote:
> On Thu Jan  4 17:35:20 2007, XMPP Extensions Editor wrote:
>> The XMPP Extensions Editor has received a proposal for a new XEP.
>>
>> Title: Collaborative Data Objects
>>
>> Abstract: This JEP defines a protocol that supports the exchange of
>> structured data objects.

> I've merely skimmed this one to get the basics, but I'm curious to know
> why PubSub wasn't considered for this?

I've talked with the authors of this proposal and my sense is that this
is what they mocked up for their research project. I've suggested that
it would be best to de-couple the CDO format itself from the XMPP
interactions, since that way CDOs could be manipulated via WebDEV or
some other system. But probably such changes will happen as the spec
matures.

Jabber Software Foundation