[Standards-JIG] Problem implementing XEP-0191 / Mapping XEP-0191 on XEP-0016

Matthias Wimmer m at tthias.eu
Sat Jan 6 11:08:36 UTC 2007

Peter Saint-Andre schrieb:
> 5. If a client makes active something other than the default privacy
> list, the user may receive communications from contacts who are blocked
> in the default list.
>
> Not so good, so be careful. :-)

That's what I would expect if we consider blocklists an easy subset of
privacy lists.

If you are just using privacy lists, and you block someone on the
default list. Then you (your client) activates an other privacy lists.
It will be the same: contacts on the default list are not blocked anymore.

Therefore what happens above seems to be what I expect to happen.

Matthias

--
Matthias Wimmer      Fon +49-700 77 00 77 70
Züricher Str. 243    Fax +49-89 95 89 91 56