[Standards-JIG] Depricating DialBack w/ new CA

JD Conley jd.conley at coversant.net
Tue Jan 9 19:06:38 UTC 2007

My vote is to keep it around indefinitely. It fosters federation without
the headaches of key/cert management. Even with the JSF being a cert
authority you still have to request the certs, which is a manual and
tedious process requiring some sort of out of band validation - email,
etc. TLS (untrusted) + DNS (for trust) + Dialback is good enough
security for 99% of the people out there.

-JD