RES: RES: RES: [Standards-JIG] ICE XEP - xep-0176

Thiago Camargo thiago at jivesoftware.com
Wed Jan 10 04:09:22 UTC 2007

Hello Peter,

"So you communicate with the relay server via XMPP, or you communicate
with your XMPP server and it communicates with the relay server?"

I communicate with my XMPP server and it communicates with the Relay Server.

This way we can use current XMPP Connection to provide Relay candidates. And another positive point is that we can be one more step ahead in "XMPP only" clients. The goal of XMPP is to provide communication.
If we tunnelate negociations through XMPP we are extending XMPP concepts of Messaging and Communication.

Regards,
Thiago