[Standards] LAST CALL: XEP-0012 (Last Activity)

Maciek Niedzielski machekku at uaznia.net
Thu Jan 18 02:26:19 UTC 2007

Chris Mullins wrote:
> One of the items that a server should store as part of "Last" is the
> xml:lang of the last stream the user had opened. This way a sender can
> send a message (that will be stored offline) and make sure the language
> it's being sent in is correct.

I'd say it's a rather bad idea to make assumptions about my language
skills basing on last stream's xml:lang. What if last time I used a
simple client which does not support xml:lang? Or I used a better
client, but at my friend's place and had no time to set up my language?
Or what if I can speak many languages?

User's preferred languages are not an attribute of their last session,
they don't change so often. So I think this information should rather be
provided in user profile.

--
Maciek
 xmpp:machekku at uaznia.net