[Standards] Re: [Standards-JIG] Proposed XMPP Extension: Collaborative DataObjects

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at jabber.org
Thu Jan 18 19:11:11 UTC 2007

Krutsch, Michael C. wrote:
> The short answer is that we will be considering Pub/Sub, but as a supporting
> protocol, not the primary one.  This is based on the problem that we are
> trying to solve and the target community.

Agreed. Eventually we'll want something that is transport-agnostic.

Also we may want to look more seriously at REX, as discussed in the last
XMPP Council meeting. Ian Paterson, Joonas Govenius, and I are looking
into REX for whiteboarding and shared document editing, and we hope to
soon report some results of our research. CDOs seem to fit that mold as
well. More here:

http://www.w3.org/TR/rex/

XMPP Standards Foundation