[Standards] MUC entries in rosters?

Greg Hudson ghudson at MIT.EDU
Wed Jan 24 21:39:28 UTC 2007

Until about half an hour ago, I was under the mistaken impression that:

  1. There was a standard for putting MUC entries in XMPP rosters such
     that conforming clients would automatically join those MUCs on
     login.

  2. Gaim supported this standard.

It turns out that I was definitely wrong about (2); Gaim uses private
storage for chat entries for Jabber accounts.  But I still have
nagging memories of hearing about (1) from someone knowledgeable.  I
can't find a relevant XEP, not can I find anything about it in
XEP-045.  Is there such a standard at the current time?

Thanks.