[Standards] Re: [Standards-JIG] block + privacy lists again

Mridul mridul at sun.com
Wed Jan 31 02:40:54 UTC 2007

Peter Saint-Andre wrote:
> <snip/>
>
> I've gone through all the mailing list messages about the interaction
> between block lists and privacy lists, and I think I've incorporated
> all feedback. Please review my changes here:
>
> http://www.xmpp.org/extensions/tmp/xep-0016-1.6.html
>
> http://www.jabberstudio.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/cvs/xmpp/extensions/xep-0016.xml?r1=1.7&r2=1.8
>

> http://www.xmpp.org/extensions/tmp/xep-0191-1.1.html
>
> http://www.jabberstudio.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/cvs/xmpp/extensions/xep-0191.xml?r1=1.8&r2=1.10
>

> If these modifications are acceptable, I will ask the XMPP Council to
> approve them. If not, I'll make more changes based on feedback.
>
> Peter

Hi,

  Section 3, last line : "The priority of blocked (jid+deny) items in
the privacy list SHOULD be such that they come first in the privacy list."
Does this mean that servers should try to reorder order of entries in
the privacy list ? What is a privacy list aware client explictly changed
the order ?

Sounds kind of ambigous to me, does this need to be specified ?
Or is it the intention that server finds the first 'hole' in the order
of entries and fills that slot with the new block entry ?

Regards,
Mridul