[Standards] XMPP in ENUM / ENUM in XMPP

Matthias Wimmer m at tthias.eu
Wed Jan 31 16:49:38 UTC 2007

Matthias Wimmer schrieb:
> Yes, we are currently not very used to use E.164 addresses ("phone
> numbers") on the internet, so it may look a bit strange, but:
> You might have found my e.164 address on my business card, and want to
> send me an instant message. There either has to be my XMPP address in
> addition, or you have to use a XMPP client, that is able to get my XMPP
> address from my ENUM DNS record.

Or depending on the device we are using, it might also just be easier to
enter a E.164 address then an IRI containing unicode-alphanumerics and
special characters. (Think of entering an instant message on a mobile
phone.)

Matthias

--
Matthias Wimmer      Fon +49-700 77 00 77 70
Züricher Str. 243    Fax +49-89 95 89 91 56