[Standards] [Fwd: [Council] meeting minutes, 2007-01-31]
stpeter at jabber.org
Wed Jan 31 20:20:21 UTC 2007
-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [Council] meeting minutes, 2007-01-31
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2007 13:15:14 -0700
From: Peter Saint-Andre <stpeter at jabber.org>
Reply-To: XMPP Council <council at xmpp.org>
To: council at xmpp.org
Results of the XMPP Council meeting held 2007-01-31...
0. Roll Call
All Council members (Ralph Meijer, Chris Mullins, Ian Paterson, Peter
Saint-Andre, Kevin Smith) in attendance. Quorum achieved.
1. XEP-0185: Dialback Key Generation and Validation
Vote still needed from Ian. Ian to vote on the list or at the next meeting.
2. XEP-0157: Contact Addresses for XMPP Services
+1 votes received from all Council members. Therefore the specification
advances to Active.
3. XEP-0012: Last Activity
Peter voted -1 pending revisions to address security considerations and
4. XEP-0092: Software Version
Peter to propose text regarding security considerations for Council review.
5. XEP-0073: Basic IM Protocol Suite
Approve version 1.1? Chris requested text change so that support for
XEP-0078 is recommended only for servers (for the sake of backwards
compatibility) but not for clients. Peter to modify.
6. XEP-0178: Best Practices for Use of SASL EXTERNAL
No objections to issuing a Last Call.
7. ProtoXEP: Best Practices to Discourage Denial of Service Attacks
No objections to accepting as a XEP. Kevin to post regarding limitations
of bandwidth restrictions.
8. ProtoXEP: Secure Communications Protocol Suite
Peter to revise and resubmit before next meeting. Good idea, but needs
to be expanded before publication.
9. ProtoXEP: File Repository and Sharing
Not enough Council members had reviewed. To be placed on agenda for next
10. Other roadmap items.
Discussion of FOSDEM / devcon, etc.
11. Mention that class 2 client certificates are available free of
charge for Council members.
12. Next meeting.
Scheduled for February 14.
XMPP Standards Foundation
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 7358 bytes
Desc: S/MIME Cryptographic Signature
More information about the Standards