[Standards] Proposed XMPP Extension: Getting a User's Attention

Daniel Noll daniel at noll.id.au
Fri Jul 6 12:13:24 UTC 2007

On Friday 06 July 2007 06:49, XMPP Extensions Editor wrote:

> Title: Getting a User's Attention
>
> Abstract: This document defines an XMPP protocol extension for getting a
> user's attention.

I know it doesn't have the humour tag, but I still can't tell if this is a
joke or not.  Either way, it sounds like it has the potential to be the most
abused feature ever.  :-)

It may even be desirable to enable this per-user.  Whether this means giving
different users different disco results or giving the same result and
silently dropping the packet, I'm not sure.  I think I would prefer the third
option, the sender getting a not-authorized error back.

Daniel