[Standards] Proposed XMPP Extension: Getting a User's Attention

Daniel Noll daniel at noll.id.au
Sat Jul 7 01:49:39 UTC 2007

On Saturday 07 July 2007 01:55, Peter Saint-Andre wrote:
> If the message contains only the attention element (as it certainly
> should), then the recipient can simply ignore it. It's not necessary to
> return an error, IMHO.

To some extent though I'd like to know if I prod someone whose client claimed
to support the feature, and for some reason they don't get prodded.

On the other hand you can solve the same problem by telling some users you
support it and other users you don't.  So those other users don't even get
the button in the first place.

Daniel