[Standards] roster schema

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at jabber.org
Tue Jul 10 15:29:01 UTC 2007

Richard Dobson wrote:

> One thing I was thinking of along these lines would be rather than set
> the sizes in this way regarding how clients would interact with the
> server, have a implementation guide for server developers to the
> recommended sizing for certain fields, not sure if the place for that
> would be in the RFC but it would help developers by letting them
> immediately see how they will need to likely size their databases
> without having to go out and look at other existing XMPP software to try
> and determine what others are doing first, just a thought.

Well, we've always needed an implementation guide. Probably one for
server developers and another for client developers. IMHO that would be
a great project for a few people to work on (perhaps after the next set
of RFCs is published, or concurrent with the RFC process). I don't think
all those implementation details belong in the RFCs, however.

https://stpeter.im/