[Standards] [Fwd: [Council] meeting minutes, 2007-07-11]

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at jabber.org
Wed Jul 11 18:18:13 UTC 2007


FYI

-------- Original Message --------
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2007 12:16:30 -0600
From: Peter Saint-Andre <stpeter at jabber.org>
To: council at xmpp.org
Jabber-ID: stpeter at jabber.org
Subject: [Council] meeting minutes, 2007-07-11

Results of the XMPP Council meeting held 2007-07-11...

Agenda:

http://www.jabber.org/council/meetings/agendas/2007-07-11.html

Log:

http://www.jabber.org/muc-logs/council@conference.jabber.org/2007-07-11.html

0. Roll Call

Chris Mullins, Ian Paterson, Peter Saint-Andre, and Kevin Smith in
attendance. Ralph Meijer absent. Quorum achieved.

1. Next meeting July 25. Kevin will not be available then.

2. XEP-0211: XMPP Basic Client 2008

Advance version 0.5 to Draft?

Consensus on changing XEP-0115 to recommended given recent changes to
that spec. Peter to publish version 0.6. Ralph to vote on list.

3. XEP-0212: XMPP Basic Server 2008

Advance version 0.5 to Draft?

Ralph to vote on list.

4. XEP-0213: XMPP Intermediate IM Client 2008

Advance version 0.4 to Draft?

Consensus on adding XEP-0155 (Stanza Session Negotiation) as
recommended. Peter to publish version 0.5. Ralph to vote on list.

5. XEP-0216: XMPP Intermediate IM Server 2008

Advance version 0.2 to Draft?

Ralph to vote on list.

6. XEP-0080: User Geolocation

Approve version 1.4pre3?

Chris and Ralph to vote on list.

7. XEP-0060: Publish-Subscribe

Approve version 1.10pre1?

Peter to update with preconditions protocol before Council approves changes.

8. XEP-0163: PEP

Approve version 1.1pre4?

Depends on changes to XEP-0060.

Also, Ian and Peter to work on "persistent data publishing" profile of
pubsub (name to be determined).

9. XEP-0108: User Activity

Approve version 1.2pre1?

No objections to publishing updated version.

10. XEP-0004: Data Forms

Approve version 2.9pre2?

Peter to update with text about submitter not modifying hidden fields
and inclusion of new fields in the submission. Will push out version
2.9pre3 before Council approves changes (next meeting).

11. XEP-0077: In-Band Registration

Approve version 2.3pre1?

Ian objected that we need to fix a security issue before publishing any
updated versions. Peter agreed. Ian and Peter to work on this.

12. XEP-0084: User Avatar

Issue Last Call?

Consensus to wait until pubsub/pep modifications are finished.

13. Proto-XEP: Server Dialback

Accept as a XEP?

Peter explained reasons for moving this text from rfc3921bis to a XEP.
No objections.

14. Other Business

Discussion of methods for encouraging implementation of ESessions, e.g.,
two in-person meetings for developers to complete interop testing and
protocol clarification (one in N. America, one in Europe).

/psa



-- 
Peter Saint-Andre
https://stpeter.im/

-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: smime.p7s
Type: application/x-pkcs7-signature
Size: 7354 bytes
Desc: S/MIME Cryptographic Signature
URL: <http://mail.jabber.org/pipermail/standards/attachments/20070711/cef5e89c/attachment.bin>


More information about the Standards mailing list