[Standards] inactive XEPs

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at jabber.org
Fri Jul 13 19:37:18 UTC 2007

Andreas Monitzer wrote:
> On Jul 13, 2007, at 20:54, Peter Saint-Andre wrote:
>
>> The following XEPs have been inactive for 6+ months and therefore are
>> subject to automatic deferral. If you have an interest in these specs,
>> please speak up.
>>
>> XEP-0154: User Profile
>>       http://www.xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0154.html
>
> This is definitely something that should be looked at when PEP is widely
> deployed.

Agreed.

> Most of the inactive ones are PEP-based, which itself takes a lot of
> time to be implemented, and so it doesn't make any sense to work on
> those any further until this is resolved.

Well, true -- all those "User *ing" specs. Last year sometime Jean-Louis
Seguineau suggested that we might want to work with people outside the
Jabber realm on Atom extensions for those (rather than making our own
little formats for everything). I'm open to that but haven't yet figured
out who to engage in that kind of conversation.

/psa