[Standards] Re: inactive XEPs

Andreas Monitzer jig at monitzer.com
Mon Jul 16 14:58:37 UTC 2007

On Jul 16, 2007, at 16:45, Magnus Henoch wrote:

> A little reminder: there is an ejabberd module for the server-side
> part, http://ejabberd.jabber.ru/mod_profile .  It has been running on
> jabber.se for a couple of months, but right now there are exactly zero
> profiles in the database.

I'm not surprised, considering that there are zero client-side
implementations of it. What server-side things are required for this
besides PEP? I thought the point of PEP was to avoid having to add
server implementations for every small XEP?

> I've been thinking about using it to create a "random chat"
> application (e.g. match people who speak language X with eachother),
> but that will probably not happen in the foreseeable future :)

That'd be quite nice actually :) Might also work perfectly for a
dating service (match m+f where the city is the same).

andy