[Standards] XEP-0045: direct invitations

Michal 'vorner' Vaner vorner at ucw.cz
Thu Jul 19 21:01:08 UTC 2007

Hello

On Thu, Jul 19, 2007 at 02:27:51PM -0600, Peter Saint-Andre wrote:
> Currently it is not possible to send room invitations directly from one
> person to another. That is, the invitation must go through the room. See:
>
> http://www.xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0045.html#invite
>
> This can cause problems with deployments that use privacy lists to block
> communications from entities that are not in your roster.
>
> In order to solve this issue, we need to modify the <invite/> element in
> XEP-0045. Currently the flow is like this:

Hm, just a question - how do you handle the tricks like adding the user
to member list, adding a password to the invitation (that could have
change since the occupant entered, so he does not know the new one, or
his client does not) or room that does not allow you to send invites?

I do not say the privacy lists are not a problem, I just thing this is
an unhappy solution which brings many new problems.

--
Hello, this is an extension to the famous signature virus, called spymail.
Could you please copy me into your signature and send back what you were

Michal 'vorner' Vaner